Sunday, August 21, 2011

Final Thoughts Before the 2011 Illinois SHRM State Conference

The car is packed up, I am ready to go ride for about three hours up I-55 to the Chicago area for the show (I like that better than conference).

My toys that I am bringing to the show.
It is almost an emotional time.  I am going to get to see a number of folks whom I respect and like very much, a.k.a. the HR twitter gang. I am going to get to meet a number of folk face to face for the first time –folks I have interacted with for a long time in several instances. (Susan, Sabrian and Abe)

With the sessions that we have planned for the show, I am going to get to hear from a number of folks who know their stuff and get a bunch of HRCI credits as well.  Monday night we are having what I will call a tweet-up. This should be great too.

As the Director of Social Media for the Illinois SHRM State Council, the show gives me an opportunity to do my thing – tweet, take pictures, video, blog things I truly enjoy doing.  Along with some serious support from Curtis Midkff, we are going to post a daily wrap-up of events. I am all geeked up about this as well.

Best of all I get hang with about 800 people who tend to think and view things like I do.  It should be a great three days.  See you in Oak Brook!

No comments:

Post a Comment