This, for me, is where it starts to get a little dicey. I am not sure of how to use the program, nor do I understand all of the features. But at the risk of looking foolish, I am going to charge ahead with twubs, because my intuition tells me it will be a great thing.
What all does our twubs feed do?
- Creates a twitter stream that can be followed or embedded
- Let’s a planner set up sessions or other events inside the conference
- Assigns (sub) hashtags to sessions [The conference hashtag is #ILSHRM11, the hashtag for Ryan Estis’ opening presentation is #ev3-ILSHRM11.
- It allows twitter users to join the event and tweet from the twubs interface
- It allows users to sign up to attend or not attend sessions (subsets of the conference)
- It allows the posting of other conference related links.
- It will display RSS feeds
Now it probably does a lot more than that, I just haven’t figured out what it is yet. So this will be a learning experience for me as well as any of the attendees who are nice enough to sign up and use it.
Here is an embed of the twubs feed for #ILSHRM11.
The embed is a one step cut and paste of HTML code into the post. Even I can do that!
All right - so if you look at this - PLEASE go the our twubs page www.twubs.com/ilshrm11 and join, and together we will figure out what else this site does.
Send me some comments or tweets - if you know more about this than I do.
- Dave Ryan Director of Social Media ISC SHRM