The Staffing Management Association of Greater Chicago is kicking off their year by signing a Statement of Support for the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Currently there are more than 1.3 million in the National Guard and Reserve and our pledge recognizes the essential strength they provide to our nation and the well-being of our communities. SMAGC is committed to helping these men and women return to their job or find a new job as they return for their military duty.
Our signing ceremony will be taking place on January 20th at Maggiano's in Chicago at 8:30AM, in conjunction with a panel discussion on Military Talent Programs. Moderated by Thomas L. Aiello, Sears Holdings, Division Vice President, Public Relations, we will invoke conversation on how to best implement sourcing, interviewing strategies and retention solutions to better assist those transitioning from the military duty into the civilian workforce.
• Marjorie James, Volt Workforce Solutions, President of Hire America’s Heroes’ and Program Manager at Volt Military
• Anthony Kaylin, IBM, Global EO Programs Manager, Global Diversity
• Vincent W. Patton, III, Ed.D., Military Advantage/Monster Worldwide, Director of Community Outreach
Discussion topics will include:
• Sourcing from this Highly Skilled Talent Pool – How do you find the best and brightest to meet your needs.
• Recruiting —How to identify military professionals ready to transition to the civilian workforce and effectively interview to ensure a good match.
• Retaining —The unique concerns that military professionals face adapting to the civilian workplace, how to link veterans’ long-term interests to their new civilian employer, and concerns about hiring veterans.
• Translating Culture and Values—How to best bridge the differences between military and nonmilitary characteristics, concepts, terminology, technical and leadership skills.
Join us as we work together, SMAGC, ESGR and the Employers in the Chicagoland Area, make a positive impact our community and the lives of our Citizen Warriors and most importantly, their families, who support their service.
To learn more about SMAGC and register for this event, go to www.smagc.org To keep abreast of our 2011 events and initiatives , follow us on Twitter @SMAGC and like our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/smagc
Chloe Rada - Chapter President at Staffing Management Association (SMA) of Greater Chicago