Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Plan Ahead - My #ILSHRM13 Schedule

I have had the good fortune to attend a lot of conferences in the last five years.  Thanks to an understanding employer, supportive leadership within  SHRM organization at various levels, an understanding spouse  and a number of other factors, I have been afforded these opportunities.  I have attended in numerous capacities as well. One thing that happens when you attend a lot of events is this, somehow attending a ton of sessions and scooping up all of the HRCI credits you can get diminishes in importance.  Why - I don't know but it does.

BUT I am going to resolve to be a better person and I am going to do my best to attend all three keynotes and I hope to make it to five breakout session (hopeful that my ILSHRM duties don't prevent me from doing so).

So after having spent a lot of time reviewing sessions and content I have made my pics. (This is just me and what works for me - all of the sessions will be great!)  All thee keynotes, I am in. I am gonna tweet like a fool while grabbing those HRCI credits - BAM!

Then ...

Monday at 10:15 AM 
Doug Shaw  Building Connected HR Leadership

Monday at 3:30 PM    
Maren Hogan The Next Generation of Social Recruiting Tools  (Paul Hebert gets a hardy Czar recommendation as I have seen him present several time - I have yet to see Maren present; Sorry Paul

Tuesday Day 2 7:30 AM
(This is where you see who stayed out too late and/or who is tough)
Lyndsay Stanton Effective use of Mobile Technology to Drive Talent Acquisition

Tuesday  10:45 AM
Crystal Miller The Digital Footprint: Leveraging your social network to attract Talent

Tuesday 1:30 PM
Susan Avello  Gaining a Competitive Advantage in a High Tech World

Now I did this the old fashioned way with paper and the highlighter.  But as my evening is winding down I went to the Iphone and looked up my Bizzabo Icon for ILSHRM.  The next thing you know I have signed up and picked all my session. They are now added to my calendar.  BAM - Susan Avello more great work on the conference app (see she really knows the tech stuff)  Do sign up because we can all see who is attending and what session you will be attending.

My secret now.. I sent off an email to one of the keynote speakers to see if  #*^$#@.  Can't say.




No comments:

Post a Comment