Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Reason to Attend ILSHRM11

As a middle-aged white guy I seem to cringe whenever the topic of conversation turns to DIVERSITY.  Given what I am. I have this guilt that I carry around, that me and all of  my middle-aged white guy buddies are at the root of the problem,  Now I know that this is not the case, but it is easy to feel that way. I have taken it upon myself to become more well schooled in ways of diversity and now I can confidently say this,t diversity is not solely about issues of race, sex or religion regardless of those who would like it to be!

One of ways I have tried to better myself in this area is by attending seminars and other events that discuss the matter of diversity. Earlier this year I had a chance to see Joe Gerstandt speak on the subject at a conference called HRevolution.  I must tell you that I was wowed by Joe.  He also hails from the white guy club and speaks on diversity.  To me, that is refreshing.

Until you have seen him speak you have no idea of the passion that this guy brings to the subject. In fact his passion runs so high, and over the top it can often become “R” rated (for adult ears only). 

Now you can see Joe this year at the Illinois SHRM State Conference in Oak Brook.  He will be speaking as part of the Talent Anarchy duo, which includes Joe and his partner Jason Lauritsen. 
Jason on the left and Joe on the right.

While Joe is not going to be speaking directly to the subject of diversity I am sure it will enter into the comments at some point.  Joe and Jason’s program is titled Strategic Relationship Management: The Breakthrough HR Competency.

You can check out their work on line but be sure to register for the conference and see the Anarchists!

-Dave Ryan ISC SHRM Director of Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment