Friday, June 24, 2011

#NotatSHRM11

For all of us in the HR space there are now two types of people in this world,  Those who are attending the #SHRM11 conference in Las Vegas (group 1) and the other is those who are #notatSHMR11 (group 2).  I am in the later group; sadly.  Fortunately I did get to attend in both 2009 in New Orleans and in 2010 in San Diego, so I can’t complain.

Since this will be my first time of not attending since I have become immersed in social media,  it will be quite interesting to me to see how the conference looks from afar, as opposed to being there and being up to my eyeballs in the event.  I will be watching the tweet streams, the live events and streams, and the blog posts to see what is being said about the event and how it comes off from this perspective.

I would suspect that SHRM will be doing some cutting edge stuff on the internet – courtesy of Curtis Midkiff @shrmsocmedguy. .  It will make me sad not to be in the thick of it, but I am interested to see what comes out of the event.  The rumor over at TLNT.com was that SHRM would be announcing a new CEO at the event.  So if you are like me in Group 2, let's sit back relax and see if what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – or if it get tweeted out and posted on a some salacious blog.

- Dave Ryan ISC Director of Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment