like last year to present the WOWIE Awards at our state conference in August. The WOWIE Awards honor Illinois-based organizations or companies that take a creative approach to inspire employees to make healthy, active choices during working hours.
In an effort to promote the WOWIES we are introducitn WOWIE WEDNESDAYS. Every Wednesday until our state conference we will have a post about the WOWIES. Be watching for updates. In the meantime, here is an overview of the program.
The WOWIE Award program has Silver, Gold and Platinum categories.
The Silver award will be given to organizations that demonstrate a solid foundation for success.
The Gold award is given to select worksites/organizations that meet the Silver criteria, as well as organizations that develop comprehensive programs producing results. These programs are strategic and aligned with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
The Platinum award recognizes organizations with well-defined and well-executed worksite wellness programming, and who meet the following criteria:
• Offer employees physical activity support
• Increase health eating options at work
• Promote a wellness culture
• Employ a minimum of 5 people
• Offer a variety of physical activities for employees
Companies that achieve any level of WOWIE award recognition will receive:
• An official recognition letter from ILSHRM and BCBSIL
• A recognition plaque for display
• Recognition on ILSHRM and BCBSIL program Web site
• Recognition by ILSHRM and BCBSIL at local events and in communication materials supporting the recognition program.
Click here for an Applications
The Deadline for submission is June 1, 2011.
Content from CMPR & Dave Ryan Director of Social Media ISC - SHRM