Monday, July 26, 2010

Why are you here?

As the preparations continue to provide a little social media flair at the ISC HR Conference, I got to pondering this. Many people, over 500 so far will be in attendance, but why are they coming? There are probably as many reasons why people attend, as there are people who will be in attendance, although my long since past college statistics classes tell me there will be one answer that will be most repeated.

This has become one of my SM projects for this state conference. With my new flip video cam in hand I will be asking attendees; what is your name, where do you live, are you involved with a local SHRM chapter, AND most importantly why are you attending this conference?

This should edit easily, and create a nice montage of attendees. It should also be a way for attendees to revisit and it may be even be a way for the IL State Council to learn as to why people attend conferences. Perhaps a prize is in order for the most unusual or even lame reason to attend the conference

So look for me at the conference, the big guy with the little camera asking what brings you to the conference this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment